Monday, January 12, 2009

Wow.

Deus ex machina or reason #501 to delete my myspace account?

Hi Lisa,

I work in casting for the Emmy Award-winning company that does Project Runway, Top Chef, Last Comic Standing and other top-notch shows. We're currently developing a documentary series (not a dating or elimination series) about new marriages for a major television network.

We recently finished a nationwide search and found a good looking, athletic, very down-to-earth and educated guy who is ready to settle down with the right woman. It's our job to find her!

I found your Myspace profile and am approaching you because from what I can tell, I think you might be a match for him. If you're interested, I'd love to speak to you more about this project. I can be reached at either the number or email below to help explain in more detail.

Thanks and I look forward to speaking with you soon,
Melanie
Magical Elves Casting (this is a link to their myspace page)
MagicalElves (
their website)

5 comments:

Hohn C said...

What's MySpace?

Signed,
Avid Facebooker

taintedsky said...

MySpace is a great place to get random marriage proposals from strange men. I could publish a book with the emails I've received through MySpace...

Hohn C said...

DEAR MAAM,

My dear My name is Sgt. John Smith, I am an American soldier, serving in Military with the army's 3rd infantry division. I have a very desperate need for assistance and have summed up courage to contact you. I found your contact particulars in an address journal and I am seeking your kind assistance to move the sum of Five million United States dollars (us$5,000,000) to you In United States, as far as I can be assured that my share will be safe in your care. Will you marry me? This will allow legal transfer of moneys. Your quick reseponse is appreciated!

A. Roberts said...

Omg. Hohn owns. That was awesome.

And, dude, Lisa. In my entire 4 years on myspace, I don't ever think I received a message of such import. Feel special.

taintedsky said...

Hohn,

Have you been hacking my myspace account? Ha ha. I just posted a blog with more emails i've received from guys... and... a girl...