Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Traffic

Dear Annie,

A couple weekends ago I merged onto the 134 East only to find myself at a stand still. After twenty minutes of inching along, a kind lady in the car next to me rolled down her window to let me know they were closing down the whole freeway due to a four car pileup. It took me another half hour to squeeze my way over to the exit at Pacific. 

I've heard of freeways being stopped for over five hours due to toxic spills, etc. My only question is, what would you do in this situation if you really had to go to the bathroom? 

I have very few resources in my car in case of an emergency. My mother, however, if she were, say, stuck in the snow, could put on a heavy jacket, set up a tent, start a fire and cook dinner. She has her ham radio license, flashlights, flares, water... and is never caught without at least a half tank of gas. This is all quite amusing, especially since she was born and raised in Southern California!


I suppose if you were in the midwest, having flash cards for your children that read TRACTOR would make complete sense. Maybe the flash card creators wanted to throw a special card in there for the particularly bright child? Next time I come over, I expect the twins to know what a COMBINE HARVESTER is.

Love,
Taintedsky



No comments: