Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Teeth

Dear Annie,

I just realized that I have not brushed my teeth all day today. I didn't brush them when I woke up, I didn't brush them after breakfast, nor after lunch.

I am usually an obsessive brusher. I can't go more than 30 minutes after a meal without feeling the need to clean my teeth. I don't know what has caused this sudden lapse in personal hygiene. Perhaps it is a tinge of rebellion... perhaps I feel that my breath could not possibly be bad.

I have my teeth cleaned at the dentist twice a year. That's right. I pay $100 to have a lady scrape at my teeth for fifteen minutes, rub that polish stuff all over them, make me rinse with mouth wash, and then tell me to keep up the good work. My hygienist told me I had the cleanest teeth ever.

There is really no point to this blog. I think I'll start another one.

Love,
Taintedsky



3 comments:

Hohn C said...

Sometimes it's good to have a fresh start.

But perhaps not as good as fresh teeth.

dbircsak said...

Always with the self-defeating attitude. You're making the Dentist Only blogs very sad

I always always swish after eating or drinking something. I don't care too much about flossing though. I didn't grow up thinking that was something needing to be done. And I've never had a cavity! Though I think some people are born with very susceptible teeth.

$100 for a "nice job" complement.. not bad

I went to the dentist the other day and I had dental insurance for the first time! Woo hoo

taintedsky said...

FLOSS!!!

One must always floss. It is for your gums, not your teeth. You can have perfect teeth and they will all fall out if you let your gums go bad.

I just had to spend $500 at the dentist because I got lazy the last six months and didn't floss enough.