Thursday, March 12, 2009

Call... Waiting...

Dearest Annie,

I hate call waiting.

Nothing is more annoying than talking with a friend on the phone, only to be ditched for an incoming call. That being said, it is very odd now to call your home line and be met with the interminable "busy" signal. I feel so... helpless! I cannot even leave you a message!

Yesterday I called and your line was busy. I tried a little later... still busy...

........

frustration sets in..............................

still busy.......

....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

It's been an hour now. I get impatient. I call again. Still busy.........

Finally I call twice in a row, with only perhaps twenty seconds between each call, and to my shock and horror, Jim picks up.

JIM:  Helloooo?
LISA:  Uh... Oh hiii Jim... It's Lisa.... is... Annie there?
JIM:  Have you been trying to call this whooole time?
LISA:  Um... no.... I haven't been calling incessantly... every minute... for the past hour. I have a life... I'm at work.... I'm, you know, busy and stuff....  
JIM:  No... of course you wouldn't do thaaaat...


Moral of the story:  GET CALL WAITING!

Much Love and Devotion,
Taintedsky

1 comment:

A. Roberts said...

DuhOOOD. I KNOW! Seriously. I have him call Verizon today!