Monday, April 6, 2009

Facebook Stalking My Mother

Dear Ms. "I deleted my blog,"

I am presently chatting with my mother on facebook. She doesn't seem like herself through the chat window. I had to type: "Is this my mother talking?" It's a bit disturbing. In fact, her profile doesn't really feel like her either. The things she types, the pictures she posts, and the comments people leave her. 

She just now changed her relationship status to "married," which seems weird. Firstly that she waited so long to do it, and secondly the idea of her being "married" at all! I mean, I know my mother is married to my father but to see the little facebook heart there with "married" next to it forces me to think about my parents in that other way... 

YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN! 





In fact, when I asked her about it this is what transpired:

Lisa

i'm glad you changed your status to "married" ha ha ha

12:23pmJeannie

Well, no comment

ha ha




Furthermore:


WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE? I've never heard their names in my life, and this Angela person is having lunch with my mother? What in the world?

Annie, I just can't handle it!!
*hyperventilates*

CONCLUSION: Mothers shouldn't be allowed to have facebook accounts. That's all there is to it.

Love,
Taintedsky


8 comments:

David Cho said...

A few months ago, my FB live feed read:

"Patricia is no longer single"

next to the same heart symbol. I went to her wall to congratulate her, only to find that her relationship status was no longer specified.

What would happen if one goes from "married" to unspecified. Will it say, "____ is no longer married" followed by a heart symbol?

I would like to volunteer you to conduct that experiment. As you may recall, I already did my FB adultery/polygamy experiment.

taintedsky said...

HA HA. Well I just took my "single" status off and left it unspecified. Does facebook do a broken heart symbol? ha ha. That would be funny.

So what was the result of your polygamy experiment? Did facebook let you say you were married to two people? I forget.

David Cho said...

I see on your wall, "Lisa is no longer listed as single" with a heart symbol, but not under highlights. Hmmm.. Yes, a broken heart would be funny.

All the guys turned down my proposal. How lame is that?

David Cho said...

And I cried for like a week.

A. Roberts said...

YOU ARE SO FUNNY! I can't even think of a better comment, but seriously. Everytime I come on your blog my nose itches I laugh so hard.

A. Roberts said...

I also think David Cho needs to make some LonelyHeart YouTube videos!

:D

David Cho said...

Oh geez, here I am opening up and sharing my innermost thought and hurt on which Annie does a jumping jack.

I thought somebody would be impressed with my ability to combine adultery, polygamy and homosexuality into just one click of a mouse, but apparently not.

taintedsky said...

I'm impressed, David.

I really need to blog again soon...