Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Zen in the art of... Peanut Butter & Jelly

Dear Annie,

Recently I have had a craving for peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. I hated them growing up... you know... the soggy saran-wrapped lump of brownish goo you'd find in your lunch box as a kid...

There are a plethora of ways to destroy this simple dish:

~ Artisan bread (way too fancy)
~ Organic, natural nut butter (bleh)
~ And who ever decided you could package peanut butter and jelly in the same jar!?

DISGUSTING.

It wasn't until I reached adulthood that I learned the art of creating a perfect PB&J sandwich:

~ Roman Meal 100% whole wheat bread (yes, the cheap, pre-sliced stuff)
~ Skippy Peanut Butter (creamy, not chunky)
~ Knott's Boysenberry Jam (refrigerated)


Put it all together and consume immediately! Ah the cool smooth taste of perfection...

You are probably gagging right now. Heh.

This blog is so pointless. I could cry right now.

Love,
Taintedsky




9 comments:

Hohn C said...

You two gals and your carbfests. Organic or non, it's ALL CARBS.

A. Roberts said...

Skippy...

You have GOT to be kidding me.

taintedsky said...

WHY I PREFER SKIPPY:

http://www.deanesmay.com/archives/007598.html

A. Roberts said...

That's crap. Every batch of Whole Foods organic butter is routinely checked for alflatoxins.

It says so right there on the jar.

Skippy adds SUGAR.

taintedsky said...

Just because Whole Foods checks, doesn't mean other places do. It is a general rule... it is not "crap." It is true.

We are a special breed, you and I... having arguments over aflatoxins... of all things.

And there is nothing wrong with eating sugar once in a while. =)

taintedsky said...

I can vouch for the benefits of sugar...

I choked down a bite of one of those healthy cookies you made!

A. Roberts said...

THEY HAD SUGAR IN THEM!!!!

dbircsak said...

You had a saran-wrap mom? Mine was plastic baggies. Others do wax paper I think.

PB and Jelly in the same jar? Whaaa?

Yes, creamy Skippy PB! My dad liked the chunky.. bleagh

HAHA!! Not all blogs have to have a point. In fact I think Skippy owes you some money for the mention

taintedsky said...

Darrell - Actually we were definitely a little plastic baggy family. We didn't get the ziplock ones though, we had to use the twisties.

Saran-wrap just sounded better for the sake of humor.