Thursday, December 18, 2008

Restless.

Dear Annie,

Have you ever noticed that in the absence of light, one’s surroundings become colorless? I'm viewing my black and white world right now through the dim glow of my computer monitor while I sit here typing in the wee hours of the morning. I'm wrapped in a blanket, as I just crawled out from under the covers of my bed. I sleep with the windows open, even in cold weather. Why? Because I'm stubborn.

My jaw hurts. I've been clenching it for the past couple hours while in deep thought. I feel awake. Alive. Passionate. I've been reading something theological, and cannot help but ponder the ramifications. Some people shy away from controversy or a good paradigm shift. I thrive on it. In the end, my faith is always strengthened, and I'm left in greater awe of God. I take delight in His mysterious ways.

Yes, that's right. Mysterious.

Most of the bible is rather matter of fact. It is so... forthright. God states His case simply and feels no need to qualify. Good examples might be: the story of creation, the flood, Jonah,

אהיה אשר אהיה

brilliant!


Thus we have reached the end of this late night voyage through the elusive musings of my mind.

Till next time,
Taintedsky

3 comments:

David Cho said...

I'd have to go with your friend Annie on this. In the absence of light, the surroundings become black.

And black isn't colorless. Just ask the people of color :=).

A bit embarrassed to ask this, is the Hebrew phrase something we are all supposed to recognize...?

taintedsky said...

The less light, the less color. I apologize for not being more technical with my terminology. It was late! :P

As for the Hebrew phrase, it means, "I AM that I AM." Just cut and paste it into Google.

dbircsak said...

So did you make a mind map?

I didn't realize I was suppose to be reading Annie's blog to follow along. Could she at least keep up her archive?

1 Cor 13:8 "..if there is knowledge, it will be done away." Hmm, I view love as something that increases with the knowledge one has of the other individual