Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Ginger

Dear Annie,

Starbucks, in an attempt to capture the holiday spirit, has introduced some new pastries. Everything from mint chocolate brownies to pumpkin scones...and their latest addition, gingerbread men. Today there was one lone gingerbread man left in the display box, and he was squished up alongside the edge of the tray with his head slightly bent, beginning to crack. I felt sorry for the little guy, and decided to rescue him. 

I watch as the Starbucks employee ever so daintily plucks him off the tray, yet still, by the time he slides Mr. Gingerbread Man into the bag, his head has fallen off completely. 

 Awwww. I receive no apologies. The Injustice!

I pick up the bag. It's a long solitary walk back to the office, and he keeps me company. 

"Be still, little one. I will put you out of your misery shortly..."

Is there a PEOPLE AGAINST THE EUTHANASIA OF BAKED GOODS organization? 

The little guy is surprisingly edible...



You have lovely pictures of your family posted, and all I have is a sad photo of my decapitated gingerbread man.

Ah yes, it has been one of those days...

Love,
Taintedsky

2 comments:

A. Roberts said...

*pees with laughter*

dbircsak said...

The injustice! PATEOBG .. add a Ya Know?! to the end and you get Pate OBGYN