Thursday, September 4, 2008

Panic

Dear Annie,

I received a call the other day about designing a one-sheet for a composer who is somewhat well known in the music and film industries. He had seen my previous work and was really excited about my designs. All seemed well until I asked him how much he would pay. It turns out that the lady who put him in contact with me quoted him a price that was about half of what I normally would have charged. 

Because I am terrified of speaking my mind, and because he was such an impressive client, I was unable to inform him that I needed more money. Now I’m staring at a blank Illustrator document thinking over all the ramifications of what I’ve just agreed to. Will I be able to create something that pleases him? How long will it take? I’m panicking!

Impressive Client + Flat Rate Pay = an average of $2.00 an hour!

Ah. Such is the nature of freelance!

Love,
Taintedsky

No comments: